The past few days have been really busy. I have been busy packing, busy with last minute measures to lose weight while clearing up the refrigerator, and getting things in order before leaving for my vacation to India! I’ll be gone for almost 3 months (I know!How cool is that!).
I have three packed months ahead- October I’ll be spending time with V’s family. V’s mom has planned a trip to a national park while we are there, plus October is the month of festivals in India. November- three friends of mine are getting married- so I’ll be busy dancing, eating and catching up with my college and hostel friends while attending three different marriage celebrations. In December, I, along with my family will be busy welcoming a new member into the family 🙂 ( fyi i am still NOT pregnant)!
So while I’ ll be busy doing ALL this I thought I would ask a few fellow bloggers to help me out and keep this blog going during my absence. Though I have tried to schedule a few posts of mine for the weeks to come, there will be a couple of guests posts by some very talented bloggers.
I got introduced to Ameena’s website fairly recently, but once hooked I have read every post of hers! I’m always laughing by the time I finish her posts. I love her blog and am glad that she agreed to do this guest post.
Before I hand over to her, one last thing as I finish this post on my Mac, the draft of which was partially written on my iPhone, all I have to say ‘Stay hungry, Stay Foolish’. RIP Steve Jobs.
GUEST POST BY FANCY THAT..FANCY THIS
Hello The Novice Housewife readers! My name is Ameena and I blog about my rather sad attempts at being a good wife and mother over at http://www.fancythatfancythis.com.
I only recently found Shumaila’s blog and was honored when she asked if I would guest post for her while she’s on vacation in India. I was also quite intimidated! Why? Well because the truth is that I am not a good cook.
No really, I’m not. If you saw some of the concoctions I’ve served my family…well let’s just say you’d be shocked. And probably disgusted? I wouldn’t blame you because sometimes even I get grossed out by the things that come out of my kitchen.
The good news is that I’ve managed to come up with a few tried and true recipes that are relatively safe and easy, and one such recipe is my Tandoori Chicken Pizza. This recipe is based on the now discontinued Tandoori pizza that California Pizza Kitchen used to carry. It has evolved a bit over the years, and I am quite pleased to share the final version with all of you.
- 1 Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough (regular or whole wheat)
- 2/3 cup Trader Joe’s Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Rajah’s Tandoori Masala or you can make your own Masala using the recipe here
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion (optional)
- Mix the yogurt, tandoori masala, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the diced chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The longer you marinate the chicken the better it will be!
- Bake the chicken at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked through. At the same time, bake the pizza dough at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza dough and allow it to cool for a minute. Spread the Masala Simmer Sauce evenly, leaving an inch of space for the crust.
- Top with the mozarella cheese, mango chunks, cooked chicken, and optional onions.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
Since I am my Indian father’s daughter and hence FEAR wasting food, I recommend freezing the rest of the simmer sauce for use another time. You can also freeze the uneaten slices of pizza and pop them in the toaster oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees when you need an Indian fix.
Thank you for the honor of guest posting Shumaila…I hope I’ve done your lovely blog justice!
(Shumaila: Oh yes! you have totally done justice Ameena! Definitely going to try this once I get back!)