Yes, I know I missed another GMT this week. And I also know most of you would have not noticed, but I will still give an explanation for the absence!
I have such a backlog of recipes, that I thought I would attend to those first. Also, I was waiting for WordPress support to answer a query of mine before posting anything. But since they do not seem to be replying anytime soon (Hello, WordPress support, are you listening?), I thought I will post anyway.
And I am not lying when I say I have a backlog of recipes- there’s today’s post, Chipotle’s Burrito Bowl Copycat recipe, Tomatillo Salsa, Bbq Chicken Tacos, Apple Pie Tartlets and a Cottage Cheese Cake recipe in the pipeline. Not to mention a zafrani chicken recipe one of V’s colleagues requested me to try. Yes, some one has been busy in the kitchen.
Besides a backlog of recipes, I also have a thanks that has been due for a long time. Sudha of Wit, Wok and Wisdom awarded my blog with the Liebster Award. So sorry Sudha for a such a late post about it, but hope you know that it means a lot to me to be appreciated!
The word ‘Liebster’ is a German word that essentially means ‘dear’ and is derived from the verb ‘lieber’ which means ‘to love’. This award has been conceived with the idea to bring to light fledgling and upcoming blogs which have a follower count less than 200. My count is 98 as of today. 2 more for a century!
Coming back to the rules, as the concept goes, the blogger receiving this award will need to:
1. Thank the giver who gave the award by leaving a comment on his/her blog and linking back to his/her post.
2. Write a post about the award and choose 5 blogs whom you would like to give this award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers as well.
5. Thank all who read your blog and wish to follow you and of course – have fun!
Here are the five blogs I feel deserving of this award (even though they might not have less than 200 followers). I hope you’ll check out these great blogs and thank you all for following me and/or taking time out to read my posts. It means a lot!
And here I am keeping this promise.
Picture a scenario.
You have unexpected guests- a couple you are close friends with- they decide to call on you. They also decide to stay over for dinner. You manage a quick dinner of tacos. In other situations, they would probably leave home without dessert, but that need not be the case. In only 10 minutes, you can whip up a great dessert that would actually leave your guests thinking that you are a Domestic Goddess.
This would also be a perfect treat for movie night with your girlfriends.
Makes 3 moderate portion trifles.
Takes only 10 minutes to make!
- 1 recipe nutella mug cake
- 2/3 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- splash vanilla
- 2 tsp confectioner’s sugar
- Make your nutella mug cake, following directions here.
- While your mug cake is being cooked, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.
- Take a party cup/trifle glass. Crumble the mug cake.
- Add few cake crumbs to the bottom of the cup/glass. Add some whipped cream, chopped strawberries (you could use chopped walnuts instead and some chocolate chips). Repeat layers.
- Serve and enjoy!