I love them.
I also love blueberries.
So when I saw this recipe for blueberry mojitos on Sandra Lee’s show on the Food Network, I knew I would make it the next time I have my girlfriends home.
And then there were the Blueberry mojitos.
Its the easiest thing to put together.
All you need is a packet of frozen blueberries. Fresh would do as well. A bottle of ready to serve mojito cocktail mix. I used Bacardi’s. You could be adventurous and make your own too. Add in a bottle of sparkling water, lots of ice and some mint for garnish. And you are set!
If you want to be all Martha Stewart about it, you can make pink blueberry mint ice cubes as well.
The result. A beautiful purplish cocktail. Perfect for that brunch with your girlfriend or a girl’s night out.
It is amazing though, how blueberry mixed with some clear alcohol and sparkling water takes up this beautiful color. It starts with a nice light muave colour and if you let the blueberries sit it develops a deeper hue. And that’s what you see in the pictures.
- 1 packet (340gms) frozen blueberries (or use fresh)
- 1 bottle (1.75ltrs) ready-to-serve Mojito mix (I used bacardi because that’s the one I like but you could use one that’s to your preference and availability)
- 1 liter bottle sparkling water ( I used lemon flavored sparkling water)
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish (I added some leaves to the pitcher as well)
- In a large pitcher, add the blueberries and muddle until they release their juices. Pour in the ready-to-serve Mojito mix and sparkling water and stir. I added a few leaves of mint in the pitcher as well. Pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with a mint sprig and serve.
- Add 2-3 blueberries in each cavity of the ice cube tray. You can also add in some chopped up mint. Fill with water and freeze. They are ready to use.