This is going to be a “super” quick one (I had to use the word super, you know since its superbowl sunday). One because my wrist is not allowing me to type too much. Two, today is Downton Abbey and Sherlock Day (besides Superbowl Sunday). And three I am way too tired. But since I had promised my friend that I will be posting this recipe soon, I am here keeping that promise.
A while back when I had posted about a sugar cookie recipe (with eggs), somebody else had also asked for an eggless sugar cookie recipe. This one is also for you.
Taste wise these were pretty good. Actually very good. Would not have guessed they were eggless and I ended up having quite a few while “taste-testing”. I wasn’t too adventurous with the shape (and will definitely get back to you when I have tested this recipe with more complicated shapes) but the recipe did hold the square and round shape pretty well and there was no spreading. Its also a very easy recipe to throw together and with results this good, you definitely should try it. And do let me know how it goes!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour mix to the creamed butter and fold till combined. Do not overmix or you will activate gluten toughening the cookies.
- Roll the dough out to desired thickness but not too thin.I roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. And then place the rolled out dough in the refrigerator to chill before stamping the shape out. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake else they would become very crunchy.
- Let cool on the tray for 1-2 minutes till cool enough to handle. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- These made about 24 cookies. But yield depends on the size of cookies you decide to make.