These chocolate peanut butter cookies are a peanut butter and chocolate lover’s delight. Plus, they are whole wheat!
I love baking cookies. I love baking actually. But I do love baking cookies, in particular. The dough is easy to put together. You can scoop out portions and keep the cookie dough in the freezer to bake any time you want. And there are so many variations you can try.
Recently I had planned to make my peanut butter cookie recipe from the blog. While measuring the ingredients I decided to swap some of the flour with cocoa powder to make chocolate peanut butter cookies instead of my regular peanut butter cookies. I also made them 100% whole wheat. They came out great and thought will share the recipe with you.
A note: I did not change the sugar amount, since I like my chocolate stuff to be less on the sweet side. In case you like sweeter cookies, add 2 tbsp of sugar to the recipe.
If you are following me on instagram, you would have seen the post on the chocolate chip cookies. It was one of the first posts I wrote on the blog, and while I have made the recipe a couple of times now, it was only recently that I updated it with better photographs and a printable recipe. If you are looking for more cookie inspiration check out that blog post too.
The last couple of days have been busy and was only able to post one new recipe last week but in the coming few days I have a cheesecake recipe, a granola recipe and a corn tikki recipe to share. I am also looking for ideas and inspiration for recipes to try and love hearing your suggestions. Also, a big thank you to everyone who has tried a recipe from the blog and tagged me on your posts on instagram and left a comment on the blog or messaged on Facebook. It really means a lot to me when I see you trying a recipe out and liking it!
Hope you get to try this recipe out. If you do, do share your results. Have a great day!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1½ cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- Cream the butters and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Scrape the batter down before each addition.
- Ina separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients. Fold in the batter gently. Mix till just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and put on a baking sheet. With a fork make a criss cross pattern and bake for 10-12 minutes ( I actually baked for 15 minutes- because I wanted a crunchier cookie and I baked them a little bigger in size)
- Let cool on tray for a bit and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.