Packed with flavor of pistachios and orange blossom, these white chocolate cranberry pistachio cookies will become a favorite of yours. The overnight refrigerations gives lovely textures to the cookie and a distinct caramel taste.
My dad loves food. Its probably where I have acquired my love for food. So when the other day he requested for some home baked cookies, I could not say no to him. Initially I thought of making chocolate chip cookies, but then I thought I will try a new recipe out. Also, I have these white chocolate chips that have been lying in my refrigerator for a while I wanted to use. I looked around and found this Cranberry Pistachio white chocolate chip cookie recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction.
I made a few changes. One, I made them half whole wheat- which I generally do with most of my baked goods, especially with cookies. The whole wheat provides a lovely texture to cookies, without making them dense or compromising on taste. Also, I added some orange blossom water because I thought it would go well with the pistachio flavor in the cookie.
Have I told you how much I love the results refrigerated cookie dough bring to the cookies? It’s why I love the New York Times chocolate chip cookie recipe and its why I always make sure when I am patient enough to wait for my cookies to always refrigerate the dough overnight.
Hope you get to try these cookies out. They have a lovely flavor of orange blossom water and pistachios along with the tartness of dried cherries. If you try them out, please let me know how they turn out. You can connect with me here, on instagram, facebook and twitter.
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp orange blossom water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cups white chocolate
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup salted pistachios, roughly chopped (after shelling)
- In a bowl, beat the butter for 1-2 minutes. Add the sugars and beat till light and fluffy and the mixture is pale in color. Beat in egg, orange blossom water and vanilla, scraping down the edges and bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl. Fold in to the wet ingredients. Add the white chocolate chips, cranberries, and chopped pistachios. Cover dough in cling wrap, making sure to wrap twice and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day preheat oven to 180 C /350 F. While the oven is preheating let the dough sit t room temperature. Scoop cookie dough onto tray. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or till golden brown on the edges. Baking time will vary depending on size. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on tray and then move to wire rack to cool completely.